Sunday, March 15, 2009

March 2009

Spring is on its way!!!


We have had temperatures from 4 to almost 84 in the last two weeks.  Now it is in the 30's and raining.  The buds are swelling on the bushes and the daffodils are blooming.  Hopefully this rain and then some sun will help bring everything out.  This Hellebores is a very early blooming plant.  

We had to replace a leaking bathroom faucet - the replacement resembles an old pitcher pump.  I remember many times priming and pumping water with one when I was kid - this one works so much better!!!



Tona had a quilt made with an iris pattern, she wanted a picture and I wanted her to 'pose' with it.  

 
The bounce flash used is integrated with the camera metering and looks much better then usual.  Hopefully my flash pictures will continue to improve as I learn better how to use it. 



This is a self portrait I made one Sunday afternoon.  The lighting was from a large window without flash.

 

Along with the big swings in temperature we got about 8 inches of snow on the weekend we were supposed to go to Tennessee to visit our youngest daughter Jessica and her husband Garrett.  If the Lord wills we hope to see them this weekend!

 
 I tried to use the flash to capture the falling snow flakes.  




The evening sun was lighting the firewood with a warm glow, so I took the dogs out for a walk and took a few pictures.

 

 

 


Something strange in this picture!?!?!?!?  

We now have two coffee drinkers in the house.


Here is a strange sight that caught my eye - note the poison label on the truck carrying the portable toilet.  
 


This is the same Hellebores plant that was in the first picture just barely sticking out of the snow. 



Hope to have pictures and news from Tennessee next time!!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Yay for pictures! Looks like you're having fun with that new camera. Love you both!

Anonymous said...

I love your all's new faucet. That is so neat!