Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Elusive Walton's Mountain


Tona and I took a one day excursion recently and decided to go to Walton's Mountain.  You won't find it on a map!

Here's Tona at the entrance to the museum.  It was an old school and converted to a museum/community center.



The sky was blue and made a nice backdrop.  Inside they have a lot of pictures and tried to recreate different scenes from the show using period decorations.



Here is a couple of pictures from Ike's Store.



The Walton's kitchen looked so good.  You almost expected the group to come bounding in as they often did in the show.



I caught Tona reading some information at one of the displays and I was able to get on the other side.  It is hard to get non-posed frontal pictures when you are out. 




The "Sisters" photo board.



The "Brothers" photo board.


John-boys' room

John-boys' room with Tona looking in



This was one of my favorites - a model of the Walton's place.


After we left we went to Lumpkins for lunch and I had to get Tona's picture with the big rooster out front!

All said and done the Walton's were a combination of Earl Hamner's memories and plenty of "artistic" license.

No comments: